The American University of Beirut (AUB) - Nature Conservation Center (NCC) is seeking a Municipal Waste Coordinator for our University Support for Participatory Integrated Solid Waste Management project (USforISWM).
USforISWM is an AUB-NCC led multi-faculty initiative that adopts a participatory approach to expose damages to air, water, and human health resulting from solid waste mismanagement in six municipalities while simultaneously providing comprehensive solutions at the household, community, and inter-municipal scale.
Ideally, the Municipal Waste Coordinator would have experience developing or implementing Integrated Solid Waste Management at the municipal scale. The position demands working closely with community members to mitigate the multiple impacts stemming from solid waste mismanagement through development and facilitation of large advocacy campaigns, municipal solid waste plans, and capacity building of citizen committees.
This is a full-time, one-year position with possibility for renewal.
· MS in engineering or environmental science
· Experience working on solid waste or environmental pollution is a must
· Experience working directly with communities or municipalities is a plus
· Integrated Solid Waste Management
· Monitoring and evaluation of solid waste
· GIS recording
· Training or capacity building
· Knowledge in monitoring and evaluation of air and water pollution
· Strong report/academic writing skills
· Campaign management
· Team oriented
· Ability to work independently and under pressure, while meeting deadlines
· Pays strong attention to detail
· Fluent in Arabic and English