The library liaison program provides a vital communication channel between the library and faculty members at AUB. Library liaisons are assigned by their departments to work in coordination with the library and share information about library services and resources that support the teaching, learning, and research at the university. Library liaisons may coordinate the following support services:
- Ordering new items, library Liaisons will be informed regularly of the budget situation and are kindly asked to:
- Collection assessment: Help the library in getting the department's feedback in selection decisions, checking donated material, weeding project, or discarding material.
- Ask faculty members to provide the library with the required reading lists for their course ahead of time, so the library can make sure of their availability.
- Inform faculty members about the
Subject Librarians who can help in identifying teaching materials including, videos, textbooks and Open Educational Resources.
- Introduce the
Faculty Services page on the
library webpage including,
Embed a Librarian in your course.
- The liaisons will inform the library of any new program or new course offerings in their department.
- Faculty members are encouraged to
Book a Library session for their class. Student workshops provide hands-on training on research skills and citation tools.
- Special services are offered for graduate students through the
Thesis Writing Hub and the organized workshops.
Ask a Librarian services and study spaces are available for extended hours.
Research and Publishing