Welcome to the Department of Chemistry!
The Department of Chemistry at the American University of Beirut prepares students for advanced studies and professional careers in Chemistry. The department delivers
a strong theoretical course of study and practical training in the chemical sciences
to assure the success of its students in graduate schools, professional schools and
News and Events
- Three of our Chemistry colleagues are among the highly cited researchers worldwide. read more.
- PhD program at the Department of Chemistry effective Fall 2020-21.
- Dr. Najat Saliba wins 2019 "For Women in Science" Award. read more.
- Chairperson Tarek Ghaddar wins 2018 Research Excellence Award. read more.
- Former Student Mrs. Hala Abou Assi wins Carl A. Winkler Award at McGill University Canada. read more.
- Undergraduate Student Ms. Jana Kobeissi wins Philip Hitti Prize.
- Professor Pierre Karam selected by the World Economic Forum as one of the 50 extraordinary scientists under the age of 40. read more.
- Professor Mazen Al-Ghoul's second edition book "Chemical Thermodynamics: Reversible and Irreversible Thermodynamics" released. read more.